The Goodman® GSX13 Central Air Conditioner uses the environmentally friendly refrigerant R-410A, which is chlorine-free to help prevent damage to the ozone layer. This unit features energy efficiencies and operating sound levels that are among the best in the heating and cooling industry. With its 13 SEER rating, the Goodman GSX13 air conditioner will help reduce energy consumption throughout the life of the system.
This central air conditioning condenser requires an indoor air handler or evaporator coil as part of a complete air conditioning system. What tonnage coil or air handler should you use? It depends on two factors about the outside portion of the central air conditioning sytem: 1) the tonnage, and 2) the efficiency rating (listed as “SEER”). Usually, high efficiency central air conditioners are required to use a larger tonnage coil than the tonnage of the condenser. (For example, a 2 ton central air condenser might be paired with a 3 ton or 3.5 ton evaporator coil.) To find the specific coils or air handlers that are recommended by Goodman for this central air condenser, please click on the Accessories tab above. (Also, you can view Goodmans’ specifications sheets at the “Instructions & Brochures” tab above).
Some models of the Goodman central air conditioning units include an orifice (also called “flow rater” or “piston”) in a small bag taped to the side of the central air conditioner. If the central air condenser you purchase includes this orifice, you will need to replace the orifice already inside the Goodman evaporator coil or air handler you purchase with this orifice included with the condenser. Doing so makes the central air conditioning condenser and evaporator coil compatible. You can view this step-by-step guide to see how to easily change the orifice.
Please note that this air conditioning equipment comes pre-charged with R-410A liquid refrigerant and by Federal law cannot be released to the atmosphere. Yes, you can purchase this equipment without being EPA certified. And, if you are mechanically inclined you may perform about 90% of the equipment installation yourself. However, we strongly recommend to have a professional heating/cooling contractor do the final part of the installation including managing the refrigerant. An HVAC contractor has the tools and know-how to do this work. Also, having a contractor perform the final startup and inspection of this central air conditioner validates your warranty with Alpine.
Central Air Conditioner’s Standard Features:
- R-410A environmentally friendly refrigerant
- Energy-efficient scroll compressor
- High-pressure switch
- Copper tube/enhanced aluminum fin coil
- Service valves with sweat connections and easy-access gauge ports
- Contactor with lug connection
- Ground lug connection
- Factory installed liquid line filter dryer
- ARI Certified
- ETL Listed
- Coil: CAUF1824B6
- Unique Goodman® central air conditioner sound control top design
- Steel louver coil guard
- Heavy-gauge galvanized-steel central air cabinet
- Attractive Architectural Gray powder-paint finish with 500-hour salt-spray approval
- Top and side maintenance access
- Single-panel access to controls with space provided for field-installed accessories
- When properly anchored, meets the 2001 Florida Building Code unit integrity requirements for hurricane-type winds