The air you breathe daily can have long-lasting effects on your health. Since the air indoor is not circulated as much as the air outside, airborne pollutants can thrive inside your home. Even more so during winter months when chilly temperatures may cause you to keep windows closed. Using an air cleaner such as our 5 Stage HEPA/U.V system can greatly improve the overall air quality in your home.
Good air cleaners work by pulling air in and trapping pollutants such as dust, viruses, and pet dander, and then releasing purified air. Here are some benefits of using an air cleaner in your homeꓽ
- Air cleaners remove particles that can be triggers for asthma attacks. Many asthma triggers are found in the home. These triggers include dust, household cleaners, perfumes, and the list goes on. Given the number of triggers that can exist in a home, if you have asthma, an air filter is necessary to reduce the chances of an attack.
- Air cleaners reduce harmful chemicals that are often found indoors. Homes in cities or urban areas, such as Toronto or other areas with heavy vehicular traffic, often have higher than normal levels of nitrogen dioxide and carbon monoxide, which may increase the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. An air cleaner helps to remove these harmful chemicals.
- Better air quality improves your sleep. An air cleaner removes bacteria and fungi that can cause congestion, watery eyes and other allergy symptoms that may make it difficult to get a good night’s rest.
- An air cleaner removes unpleasant odours that are often found in the home.
- Air cleaners that are High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) certified can remove germs that can cause airborne illnesses such as the common cold or flu.
- Using an air cleaner in your home can improve life expectancy. Indoor pollutants not only affect your respiratory system but may also affect your cardiac and neurological systems. A filter reduces the effects of harmful chemicals found in everyday household items.
Buying an air cleaner
When thinking about buying an air cleaner, there are key points that you should consider, chief of which are your needs. Here are ten other points to consider when purchasing an air filterꓽ
- Ability to remove chemicals and odour
- Noise level
- Asthma and allergy certification
- HEPA certification
- Ease of use and cost of maintenance
- Energy efficiency rating
- Size and capacity
- Whether the filter emits ozone (ozone emissions can be harmful)
Are you looking to purchase an air cleaner?
If you are in search of an air cleaner to improve the air quality in your home, look no further than Canada HVAC. With years of experience in providing high-quality products, our sales representatives are equipped to help you find the perfect air purifier to suit your needs. We guarantee expert installation at an affordable price, and if you are not completely satisfied with your air cleaner, we will refund your money.
Visit our website today to browse our inventory.